The purpose of the Tourism Sponsorship Program is to assist and foster Pinal County community events with services, supplies and marketing of tourism events and activities. This supports our mission of creating economic growth by promoting our destination for overnight and day visitors.
Primary consideration will be given to projects that enhance the long-term growth of the tourism industry within Pinal County, will have the ability to draw visitors from outside the County and will have a positive economic impact on the local economy. The program is open to projects that align with one or more of the following strategic plan goals:
- Attract visitors from out of the area
- Inspire interest in the tourism and hospitality industry
- Serve to promote travel and tourism to Pinal County
Applicants must show what economic impact their project will have in Pinal County. The sponsorship fund availability is based on the Pinal County yearly budget allocation for this purpose. Maximum funding for a single event will be as follows:
|Maximum amount allowed For-Profit Organization
|Maximum amount allowed Non-Profit Organization
|Up to $1,000
|Up to $2,000
|Up to $2,000
|Up to $3,500
|Up to $3,000
|Up to $5,000
- The event must be held in Pinal County. For medium to large events, majority of attendees must be from outside of the County.
- The event should be considered family-friendly
- Groups, organizations and businesses seeking program funding are required to meet with the Tourism Program Manager or his/her designee prior to submitting an application.
- The County must be provided marketing of equivalent value to the level of sponsorship awarded.
- The Tourism Sponsorship Program will receive credit in all advertising funded through this grant. (Sample wording: This ad sponsored in part by the Pinal County Tourism Sponsorship Program. An approved logo will be provided.)
- The applicant must have applied for and received any permits required by the county or town for their event.
- The use of funds received through this grant will NOT be used to purchase alcohol.
Application is required to be completed and received by Pinal County Economic Development Department at least sixty (60) days prior to the event. Matching funds are required for events sponsored by for-profit businesses. Copies of paid invoices showing the exact amount spent by the for-profit business for direct event expenses must be provided to the Economic Development Department no later than thirty (30) days after the event. Application must be submitted with a current W-9.